Video fx modules

transformer effect
splitting and conforming images to shapes, grids and quadrins.

also a noise/grain generator

crossfader device on any channel - maybe all those effects in the dropdown separate devices.

a granular type video player would be sweet as well

a slicer tool that cuts the video in to sections on the screen ,
horizontal and vertical and can select how many slices.

scrub type scratch tool

when mouse is focused on the video window ableton shortcut keys will still work

Hi Tunnelsurf, Those are all very good suggestions and the good news is that we are working on adding most of these features. We finished the transform plug-in (eTrackTransform) and we will release that soon, the other features will follow in upcoming (free) updates. :blush:

very nice :slight_smile: looking forward to it. as well ast the scale position rotate keep it up!

a slice to midi drum rack . much like audio you can set some point based on time or another attribute then auto chuck to a drum rack for easy video sample making.

Good point. Currently we are looking for the best way to add slicing. We will add this to the discussion. Thanks for the input!

1 Like

hey guys wanted to add the suggestion for a masking tool plugin , where you can create a shape mask and move it around your image.

great stuff keep up good work!

Thats also a good one. Shape masks and motion masks are part of our roadmap, so we are going to add that in a future update. Thanks again for the input!

1 Like

hey again. wanted to suggest a device that would take a still shot of the ebosuite output. this way while your jaming you can click or midi map a key and just take an instant still to reimport and use on the fly

hope to give you all some more detailed feedback. im currently messing with ebosuite on an old 2012 macbook seeing how far i can push it with hap codec.

Hi Tunnelsurf, thanks for all the suggestions! We will add them to our discussions. Your suggestions are very useful so most of them are added to our future features list.

1 Like

Great to hear ! Glad to help and look forward to more goodness!
so far with hap its running great cpu stays low my gpu does ramp up and sends my fans on high
but i will try chopping into smaller clips as i have been just throwing stuff in. with a lot of extra footage around what i actually need. Again happy to help this is a great tool and is being nicely implemented.

Thanks! Tip: you can use the File Region Editor to manage the size of the loaded samples in the eSampler and to chop of unnecessary parts. See manual page 21.

1 Like

thanks brother, im def going to check that out. :sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

hey all,

the ability to paint a mask would be great addition.
paint brush tool with feather parameter and expansion parameter can add it to the shape mask tool . call device mask and have options for shape or brush.

I totally agree. I already asked about the possibility of more flexible masking options and I know the EboSuite Team took it on board and said they thought it would be really useful. Not sure if they have moved forward on it yet though.

2 Likes

a nice color grading module would be a great tool .
im looking to eventually replace premiere with ebo
eventually is quite possible.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips! We’ll add them to our list. Masking and grading tools are very useful. Did you check the ISF shaders that are available at isf.video and in the ‘Stadard’ ISF shader folder (in the eFX folder)?

1 Like

i have messed around with the isf fx but haven’t come across those specific ones . ill take another look there is a bunch so im sure i over looked it.

thanks!

convert to hap in the backround - idea.

it would be cool if there is a way to auto convert cilps to hap in the backround while using your original files as a temp proxy.

example: :nerd_face:

– I have an mp4 video i push into ebo suite track and begin to mess around. after I drag the clip in it starts converting a hap version in the backround that saves to the session folder - - during the conversion ebo references your orignial file to mess around with it and continue to create with no interuption. - - after the hap converts the program automatically redirects to the hap version and unlinks from the original mp4 thus making it a better codec to use for the system, keeping all your files in its session folder - -
and not stopping your workflow converting or prerping before hand–

Hi Tunnelsurf,
For the eClips plug-in we don’t have this option (we will add it to our list, because it is an interesting idea), but for the eSampler you can convert to Hap in the background while working with a proxy. Just drag a video of any codec into the eSampler and open the File Region Editor (press the arrow button in the right bottom corner of the interface). In the File Region Editor you’ll find a button named ‘Convert to Hap’. While the eSampler is converting your file to Hap you can continu working with it. When the eSampler finished converting it will automatically replace the proxy with the Hap version, leaving all settings intact. Note that you can set the In and Out point of the region that will be converted in the File Region Editor, so you don’t have to convert the whole file, but only the part that is actually loaded into the eSampler. That makes converting much faster and files much smaller.

You can find more information about this on page 26 and 27 in the manual and in this tutorial video.

1 Like

skratch pad - idea

alternative ways to skratch video

• an xy plugin with a button on it to turn your trackpad into a video scratcher. maybe add it to the master channel or individual video tracks .

• another idea would be to marry a sampler , xy pad , and small video monitor into the plugin window of ableton this way you can scrub the clip and scratch it all while previewing in a small window to introduce it into the master output as you wish.

1 Like