Video fx modules

I haven’t tried this yet but would be sweet if we can have an estream device that will sync up to a streaming host or sync up to “obs”. funtimes! :smiley:

1 Like

Hee Tunnelsurf, interesting idea. Thank you for all your suggestions. Much appreciated!

1 Like

another kind of sampling device that will let you load multiple clips of videos or stills inside it and play via midi device similiar to the sampler and be able to set zones

we may need another video card :slight_smile:

Hello!
Im not sure if this was pointed out.

It would be really, really nice to have a DRY/WET control for the effects, like the ISF.

This way you could achieve much more variation and interesting results in cases like mine, where I am improvising a long audio/visual live set .

Right now I find it quite limiting, the fact you have to either have and effect 100% or not have it at all. Its hard to achieve subtle changes in time, and give life to the visuals.

Maybe I’m doing it wrong and I can achieve this another way…?= probably as Im just starting out. If this is the case I would appreciate any suggestions :slight_smile:

Hey Alfonrock,

a few ways to make it work that i know of

1. There is an "amount " encoder on most of the e-devices. This adds the effect in to the amount you choose.

2. for isf that don’t have that feature duplicate your video track put dry one on channel A and effected one on channel B use the cross fader to slide back and forth

3. i think that if you create a send and return and put the effect on that you can dial in how much effect you want like you would if you used a reverb on a send. this one i haven’t tried yet but its only a matter of time if it doesn’t already work.

I hope i helped shed some light :slight_smile:

let me know

1 Like

Hi tunnelsurf,
Thank you for your suggestions, I really appreciate it.

1. Yes the amount on the e-devices work well for this!

2. For the ISF FX lacking this feature, I unfortunately could not make a duplicates as I have already 4 cameras feeds in EvideoIN, so duplicating them causes a lot more CPU usa which I can’t afford in my set.

3. Unfortunately the devices dont work in Ableton Live return tracks.

Do you know of a way I could create a “dummy” master track on the right side of my visual tracks, where I can receive the video that would normally go directly to the master track? If that would be possible, I could make some tracks with ISF effects on them and control the dry/wet signal through the volume fader, before signal reaches the master track.

However I have not found a device which allows me to do this…

Thank you ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

i tried grouping tracks but it looks like that feature does not work with video.

i tried multiple e video in on a track with no luck

and i tried with syphon to aggrigate the streams but seems that doesn’t work either.

A method that may work tho is download OBS -

have your live video cams all grouped up there.
then send it to live .

• create two tracks in ableton each one with a evideo in device.

One leave dry and one apply effects and blend.

hope this makes sense. As of now video routing seems limited but OBS may help you out until more features are unlocked.

let me know how it goes

Hi tunnelsurf, the next update will add grouping and send/return for video. I hope we can release that update soon!

2 Likes

great news . would love to see more features in the errangement as well. like reverse and fades . looking forward to it. great work!

1 Like

hello,

I think the eblend tool could benefit a better workflow if you removed the dropdown and had all the blend modes as buttons for quick switching and possible automation

• also any chance yet to drop a video in and have it work on in arrangement and clip mode without having to put the e - device in the chain?

thanks!

Hi Tunnelsurf, using eDevices is how EboSuite works now. I will note your request and we will consider it for a future update. I can already automate the blend modes and map them to a controller. I will note your suggestions about the buttons as well. Cheers!

1 Like