Apple M1 Issues

playback test set: all eClips sessions frozen on first frame, all eSampler sessions working properly

thanks, this was what I meant, this looks fine, no issue printed

btw, do you mean that the eSamplers do not freeze on the first frame and all others device do? very puzzling. And for @charless the recent eSampler test works and for @abanze it doesn’t… weird.

Alright, I have thought of new test.
I would be grateful if you guys could to the following:

1. Open a new Ableton Live set

2. Add an eClips to an audio track

3. close the EboSuite window

4. navigate to the EboSuite folder in your user library

5. press cmd+shift+. to show the hidden files

6. right click on .Ebosuite and select show package contents

7. go to the folder Contents->MacOS and double click on the .EboSuite located there
    (this will show us debug prints from the EboSuite app in a terminal window)

8. unpack the following file and add it to the live set (doesn’t really matter where)
    ShowMessages.amxd.zip (1.9 KB)

9. now right click the titlebar of the eClips device and select ‘Open Max window’ (so don’t open the device for editing!)
    (this will show us all the messages sent from Ableton to our application)

10. now unpack and add this videofile to a clipslot on the track with eClips (in session view, not arrangement view) and press play
    TestFile.zip (2.8 MB)

11. gather everything that is printed in the max for live window in a text file

12. gather everything that is printed in the terminal window of the EboSuite app in another text file

13. send them to me at timo@ebosuite.com or upload them here (you might need to zip them first) and will start puzzling with it!

I hope that was clear, let me know if a step needs clarification
Sorry for all the work we ask of you, we hope to reproduce your issue ourselves soon as well but until then we have to rely on your input.

Timo

correct. eClips freeze. eSamplers play.

will do this in the morning

1 Like

bonus check:
with nesa’s eClips test (e.g. eclips-haptest Project) does the situation change if you turn warping off and play the clip?

1 Like

ebosuite test ales.zip (7.6 KB)

Here it is the test hope is well done

1 Like

It doesn’t change, only plays first frame

Same Here … 1st 3 not working / last 3 esampler tests working fine.

M1 MBP13" Big Sur EBO 1.8 8 Ram basic MBP

thanks! I have an idea now what is going on, here is a test version of the EboSuite app which might work for you (if my hypothesis is correct):

M1TestApp_21-06-30.zip

1. navigate to the EboSuite folder in your user library
  2. press cmd+shift+. to show the hidden files
  3. rename the .EboSuite app to something like .EboSuiteOld
  4. unpack the zip and move the containing .EboSuite app to the EboSuite folder in your user library
  5. try it out! (e.g. with the demosong or the test sets that Nesa made)

I am very curious!!..

ok give me one hour and I tell you

crash, MacOs can’t test this app doesn’t content malware. I give permissions and it works!!!

1 Like

Do I understand that eclips and others work properly with this test version?
(after giving the app permission to run)

1 Like

Yes tested the six and all working. Didn’t test esympler but hope it works too :raised_hands:

1 Like

eArrangement, eSimpler + eSampler work fine! great!!!

2 Likes

OK! Tried M1TestApp and everything in the demo is working. However, when I load a video I get the attached screen shot msg. Restarting Ebosuite from the eClips window solves the issue. Unfortunately, I have to restart ebosuite every time I load a new clip. Almost 100% thank you so much.

Hi CharlesS, this is a normal Ableton dialog since Ableton itself doesn’t support video playback in session view (EboSuite makes this possible), please press “don’t show again” and OK. Does it make it work normally after that?

Ahhh, didn’t know that as I’ve never seen that msg before. Easy enough to disable the msg. Yes, so far it works normally after that. Thank you!

1 Like

everyone, here is the proper installer of this quick fix, this will give you a working solution while we work on making it work even better on M1 systems:
https://ebosuite.discoursehosting.net/t/temporary-fix-for-m1-users-with-playback-issues/1025

1 Like

Hi everyone, we just released EboSuite 1.81. This update adds full compatibility with the M1 chip.

Download the installer here:

@alespardo @abanze @CharlesS @FrankyDS

3 Likes