Apple M1 Issues

Same Here … 1st 3 not working / last 3 esampler tests working fine.

M1 MBP13" Big Sur EBO 1.8 8 Ram basic MBP

thanks! I have an idea now what is going on, here is a test version of the EboSuite app which might work for you (if my hypothesis is correct):

M1TestApp_21-06-30.zip

1. navigate to the EboSuite folder in your user library
  2. press cmd+shift+. to show the hidden files
  3. rename the .EboSuite app to something like .EboSuiteOld
  4. unpack the zip and move the containing .EboSuite app to the EboSuite folder in your user library
  5. try it out! (e.g. with the demosong or the test sets that Nesa made)

I am very curious!!..

ok give me one hour and I tell you

crash, MacOs can’t test this app doesn’t content malware. I give permissions and it works!!!

1 Like

Do I understand that eclips and others work properly with this test version?
(after giving the app permission to run)

1 Like

Yes tested the six and all working. Didn’t test esympler but hope it works too :raised_hands:

1 Like

eArrangement, eSimpler + eSampler work fine! great!!!

2 Likes

OK! Tried M1TestApp and everything in the demo is working. However, when I load a video I get the attached screen shot msg. Restarting Ebosuite from the eClips window solves the issue. Unfortunately, I have to restart ebosuite every time I load a new clip. Almost 100% thank you so much.

Hi CharlesS, this is a normal Ableton dialog since Ableton itself doesn’t support video playback in session view (EboSuite makes this possible), please press “don’t show again” and OK. Does it make it work normally after that?

Ahhh, didn’t know that as I’ve never seen that msg before. Easy enough to disable the msg. Yes, so far it works normally after that. Thank you!

1 Like

everyone, here is the proper installer of this quick fix, this will give you a working solution while we work on making it work even better on M1 systems:
https://ebosuite.discoursehosting.net/t/temporary-fix-for-m1-users-with-playback-issues/1025

1 Like

Hi everyone, we just released EboSuite 1.81. This update adds full compatibility with the M1 chip.

Download the installer here:

@alespardo @abanze @CharlesS @FrankyDS

3 Likes