Is my only option really to delete Ebosuite devices from my tracks if I want to disable them?
Hi Patgarner, some EboSuite plug-ins can be disabled using the ‘Device Activation’ switch (yellow on/off button in upper left corner), some you can’t disable this way. You can turn off these plug-ins in other ways:
Plug-ins that can be disabled using the Device Activation switch:
- all eFXs
Plug-ins that can not be disabled using the Device Activation switch, but in another way:
- eCrossfade (turn A/B mixing on/off in Live)
- eFeedback (set Amount to 0 to turn off)
- eISF (use manual slider, track volume or clip start/stop)
- eLoopStutter (use Stutter on/off button)
- eSampler (use track volume or MIDI note on/off)
- eSimpler (use track volume or MIDI note on/off)
- eSyphonIn (use manual slider or track volume)
- eText2Syphon (controlled by eSyphonIn)
- eVideoIn (use manual slider or track volume)
Plug-ins that can not be disabled:
Ah, gotcha! Thank you!
The reason behind this has to do with very odd situations that can occur with changing parameters of a disabled device. So we decided do prevent disabling of some devices to work around these quirks (or rather bugs I think) of Max for Live
Btw, for FX you can also group them and disable a whole group.