Wanting to trigger 360 videos

I have an interest in triggering 360 video clips. There is a video format/aspect ratio called equirectangular that I am able to get my videos to appear in. Is there a way for me to import these clips into ebosuite so they retain their exact aspect ratio? If so, This could allow for creating 360 video performances with sound.

It is important that it doesn’t alter the footage or the aspect ratio so that when viewed in 360 it would make the footage wraparound seamless.

Is this possible with the current tools in ebosuite?

Hi Christof, EboSuite works well with equirectangular videos (EboSuite works well with any aspect ratio). Here you’ll find an experiment I did with equirectangular videos. It is a 360º remix of a sci-fi movie, some basketball players, Star Wars and a cartoon.

It is in YouTube, so drag the video with the mouse to look around.

That’s what I’m talking about! Very cool! Do I need to do anything special? Or, just drop my equirectangular clips into the players?

Any way to work isf shaders or anything else into this? Would be very cool to have the ability to overlay 360 effects or generative visuals.

Thanks!

You can just drop your equirectangular clips into the eSimpler/eSampler or on an audio track (with the eArrangement or eSession plug-ins). Any effect will work on the visuals, but I don’t know of any equirectangular effects. If you look online you might find shaders optimised for that. If they are not ISF shaders you can often convert them to ISF with the ISF Editor.