Video Scrub in eSampler

I often load a long video (3 or 4 minutes) into eSampler and use pads to trigger the same video at different start points. It’s really a pain to get a start point close in eSampler. Shift-start knob ain’t bad, but you still don’t see the actual video.

Has anyone figured a way to scrub the video in eSampler with a hardware knob while actually SEEING the video? This would save hours of work.

Hi Spoonbender
I am not sure if understand you question completely, but if you map the start dial to a hardware controller you will see the new start point each time you trigger while turning the controller knob.

How I like to edit different start points in the eSampler is to turn slicing on, clear all slices and then add slice points manually. Use CMD-mouse-drag to zoom in on the sample and scroll, Option-click to add/remove a slice, CTRL-click to move a slice. Each slice can have its own settings for pitch, velocity, Voffset etc. Convenient for triggering with pads. Slices are automatically mapped to midi notes so you can trigger them immediately to check if the start point is correct.
I also like to cut a video with the File Region Editor, so I have more resolution and am not distracted by unused parts of a long video.

another way to do this is to put the video on an audio track with an eSession plug-in, add markers at the points you want to trigger (you can then scrub and preview) and then load this video into the eSampler and select warp marker slicing mode.

you can also load the video in different clip slots with different start points on and audio track with the eSession plug-in in session view and then trigger these clips with pads.

is this helpful?

Hi Jeroen,

I get what you’re saying about mapping Start to a controller to scrub through the file, but you don’t really get to SEE where you’re scrubbing to in a video window. You have to trigger the video each time you re-scrub. Trial and error. I wish I could see the actual video when I’m scrubbing for a start point.

BTW, This is what I’m using to scrub and trigger the video. Works pretty well!

I agree that that would be useful. We’ll make note of that. Thanks for the controller tip. They look handy and cool :nerd_face: