Video not running smooth Session View Live 11.1.1

Please help! I cannot play back my videos in Ableton without glitches from EboSuite eClips plugin/eOutput. It sticks every 15-20 seconds then jumps back in. I’ve tried increasing buffer size as much as over 2000 in Ableton with no affect. I’ve tried converting my .mov files to HAP files. The quality is better (and twice the file size! Some movie files over 17GB) but still glitches throughout every single video. I’ve turned off wifi, other applications, cleared cache, cleaned up computer using MacPaws and nothing has fixed this issue. My videos are located on an SSD 2TB drive not even close to full. Should I try to re-install EboSuite on the SSD external drive instead of my local 1TB HD?

Using Ableton Live 11.1.1 in SESSION view so I can map my MIDI keys to trigger scenes throughout my show on cue. Applied eClips with 100% transparency to track with clips. eOutput to Master track.

I used AVF application to convert to the HAP format.

Please advise on how I can get EboSuite to playback my videos via Session View in Live without these interruptions.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro15,1
Processor Name: 6-Core Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 6
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 12 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 32 GB

Other Troubleshooting attempts:
First converted at 100% quality, then later tried converting at only 50% to see if smaller file size would help but it did not help at all. Also tried converting using constant bitrate at 160 kbps. Tried converting using 4 chunks. Tried moving video clip to Arrangement view to see if it would play back smoothly but could not get ANY video to play in arrangement view. I really need it to work in Session view though. I tried increasing Ableton buffer size to the maximum and still no luck.

Thank you for any suggestions. :-/

Hi Jennifer, thanks for your message and sorry to hear that your videos do not run smooth.
First a few questions:
1- Does the demo set run smooth?
2- Does eArrangement work with the files from the demoset?
3- What is the resolution of the videos you try to play? And what is their duration?
4- Do your source videos play smoothly from the external ssd in other programs?
5- What graphics card does your machine have?

I hope we can get this sorted soon!
Cheers
Timo

Note: this issue is solved by email. Bad playback was caused because 4K videos were too heavy for the computer to handle.