Some videos take over others?

How do I balance my videos so I can see them all play back at the same time?

For example, I have 3 videos in my session all playing back at the same time. My volume faders are defaulting to Opacity, as usual. I’m able to fade-in my clips on top of each other but one of my videos is completely taking over all the others - it blacks out the other videos. It’s like the black background in this particular video is not blending nicely like the other videos. And if I pull down the opacity so the other videos can show thru, the video in question is barely visible now.

I saw something about using Alpha Channel so I’m only blending the objects in my videos and not their backgrounds, but I can’t figure out how to make that work (if that’s the solution to my problem?)

Thank you.

Hi, if you fade-in videos on top each other, they will fade-out the underlaying videos. The more videos you fade-in, the more faded-out the underlaying videos will be. Except when a video has an alpha channel that makes parts of the video fully transparent. In that case underlaying videos will be fully visible in these parts. Do those two videos have a transparent alpha channel?
There are multiple ways to mix and arrange videos:

• use eTrackTransforn to scale/rotate/position the videos to make an arrangement
  • use the eBlend plug-in to mix them with blending modes
  • use eCrop and/or eMask to remove part of the video
  • use eChroma or a key shader in the eISF plug-in to key out a certain color
  • use eFade to fade video in/out in more creative ways than usual fading
  • preproduce the video and mask out part of the video with software like Adobe After Effects

OK great. I’ll try the options you recommend. I found a video on eBlend and I think that might be the way to go for what I’m trying to achieve.

1 Like