Welcome to the EboSuite community! I will try to answer all your questions below:
“I already went through most of the tutorials today and I downloaded some nice shaders
I was wondering if I could make slow motion sequences from a video and trigger some reverse parts (to make them play back and forth) ?”
There are a few ways to change the speed of the video:
- using eClips: enable Warp Markers and stretch the sound of the clip moving the Warp Markers. The video track will follow the speed of the sound. Important: make sure to save the Warp Markers when you enable and edit the Warp Markers, otherwise EboSuite can not use them!
- using eSampler:
- use the Speed dial to change the speed.
- turn on slicing and use slice settings to change the speed. When you enter a large negative speed offset you can make the video play in reverse! In the near future we will add negative speed (reverse playback) to the Speed dial.
- turn on Warping. You can not edit Warp Markers in the eSampler, but if you edit them on an audio track and save them and reload the sample, the eSampler will play the video with the new Warp settings.
- using eSimpler:
- add a Simpler on the same track as the eSimpler and turn on Warping in the Simpler. The eSimpler will automatically switch to Warp mode as well. Make sure to save the Warp Markers when you edit them.
“I think I first have to duplicate multiple esamplers into a drum rack with different start points for each slot right ?”
Use two eSamplers, in slicing mode. Each on a different cell in the drumrack. In one eSampler set a large negative speed offset value for the slice that you like to loop back and forth. This slice will play in reverse when the negative speed is large enough. No you can alternate between the two eSamplers and make a slice play back an forth.
“And also is there an option to mute the sound from the video into esampler (because I just need the image on top of my music) ?”
Set the eSampler to Video Only in the dropdown menu in the low end of the interface (it is set to Audio+Video by default) to turn of the audio track. If you use video only, you can also use the eSimpler. It is a lighter version of the eSampler and will keep your project light (faster to load).
Or maybe I have to mute the channel in Ableton ?
When you mute a track in Ableton the visual track will be muted as well.
“Is it possible to use photos as well or only inside eISF ?”
You can load images in the eSimpler and eSampler.
I hope this helps. Have fun!