Reverse Button on the eSampler!

I’ve been using EboSuite since 2019 - it is the most amazing video program I’ve ever used for live video mixing. I love it. I would like to thank EboMan & the EboSuite team for working on such an incredible project like EboSuite.

I read a topic from 2019 about a ‘reverse’ capability not being possible at the time. I am just curious if this idea is still being considered as of 2023?

The idea is a ‘reverse’ button on the eSampler, so while you’re chopping up a sample with your MIDI keyboard: you can hit the reverse button & the video plays backwards!

In the mean time. I’ve been editing MP4’s in Adobe After Effects to reverse, then converting them to HAP & dropping them into the eSampler. It’s alright. Has a similar effect & gives the illusion that I’m able to reverse in real time. But not very useful when you want be more creative.

I’ve seen the reverse feature done before with Xovox made with Max/MSP back in 2005. I know EboSuite functions very differently from how Xovox does, but I wonder how similar they both are? I would love to see a reverse feature!

Would you like a reverse feature? What is your favorite plugin in EboSuite 2.0?

Cheers

Hi Crabsuit,
Yes, reverse playback is pretty high on our todo list, so you can expect that to be added in a future update.

A while back I commented on this post on the forum and showed a scrub technique to create a reverse skrtZz effect. Maybe that is useful for you too?

1 Like

Hi Jeroen,

Wow!!! That’s very exciting news. I can’t wait for that update! The reverse feature will take EboSuite to a whole new level!!! :slight_smile:

I did see your comment! I messed around with the concept for a couple hours & ended up with some really cool results. Loved playing with it! I love the “Scratching w/ EboSuite” tutorial too. So many possibilities…

Excited for a future update! Thank you for all you do!

Zack

1 Like