Reinstall on 2nd computer

Hi all,

Just wondering what I’m doing wrong here - any ideas? Not able to get Ebo working on a second computer (Macbook Pro, OS 10.15.7). Tried a number of scenarios: Google Drive/Off, Manual and Automatic Installation of Ebo. Thanks.

Screen Shot 2023-01-18 at 5.13.20 PM
Screen Shot 2023-01-18 at 5.15.07 PM

HI Jafala,
Sorry to hear about the issue.
I see there is a slash missing in the user path, this is something odd that we encountered before (related to 11.1 release I think) and that is fixed in the latest version of the installer, however this is not fixed in the old version that you try to install.

What you can do is to try to manually add the slash / in the config file and see if that works:

• check which version of live you have
  • go to /Users/[yourusername]/Library/Preferences/Ableton/[your ableton version]/Library.cfg
  • open it in a text editor
  • go to the line with <ProjectName Value="User Library" />
  • edit the line belof with <ProjectPath Value= and add the / at the end of the user library path
  • save
  • start Live and try if it works

Let me know how it goes!
Timo

Excellent - thank you! I thought that screenshot looked strange, with the slash missing. Will work on this!

Hmmm - it looks like it’s already been added? (sorry it’s so small).

Here’s a close up
Screen Shot 2023-01-19 at 4.57.49 PM

I forgot that there was a later version (1.9) of Ebo1. This installer works with Live 11!

2 Likes

Glad 1.9 works, I thought the fix was included later.

But the slash was not added yet in your screenshot:
The project value ends with .../Ableton" but I meant to edit it to .../Ableton/"

With 1.9, the slash was in the right spot on the installer, but I’ll check and change it in the library preferences. Just to clarify, its’ the “project path value” I’m changing, but leaving the “ableton majorVersion” alone, correct?

Also, after your suggested edit, do I still leave the (space) /> at the end of the path
Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 9.24.00 AM
, or do I delete?
Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 9.25.05 AM

HI Jafala,
If you plan to use 1.9 and it works fine: no need to change anything.
If for some reason you would like to keep using 1.72: Yes, that is the correct place for the slash and the space should be left in place.
Timo