Not seeing output window after 1.7 update

I’ve installed the update, but within my existing ebosuite project, now I can’t see the “Output” window. I’ve tried restarting ebosuite. When I right click on the open app, I can see the title of the Ebosuite Output, but I can’t actually see the window. If I make Output full screen, it shows up, but not partial. Thanks in advance!

Hello @jaredburkhalter, sorry to hear you ran into this issue and thanks for explaining the situation in the clear way!

It seems like the window is positioned out of screen for some reason.
Could you try adding eOutput device and setting the position and size manually?

For example, set the position to 400 400, that should be visible somewhere:)

I’m curious what is your screen setup, specifically do you use any rotated displays and how does the setup look in System Preferences/Display/Arrangement?

best wishes,
nesa

Hi. I’m having this problem too. I have a 3 monitor setup and I can’t see the output window anywhere. The “Video Window” item is checked but greyed out in Ableton View Menu. I have tried to input position values manually but no luck. Also the eOutput won’t detect my screens correctly because there’s only one monitor option on the drop down menu for full screen and it is a 1680x1050 display - which is odd as my 3 monitores are two 2560x1440 Apple Cinema Displays and a 1920x1080 Dell.

Any ideas? Running Mojave 10.14.6 and Ableton 10.1.15

The Ebo Suite plugins in the Demo Project keep telling me to it has to be restarted but when I click the message to restart it nothings happens. No window anywhere

By opening the Max Device Editor in Live I can see a -36 error in the console window.

Then, as a test, I took of the “.” dot before the EboSuite app file name in Finder, and when I do that the console window then says it could not find the file at the expected location. When I undo this to have the file in his original hidden name and console gives me error -36 again.

As my Ableton User Library is in a Google Drive folder I was suspecting it could be the cause even if it is set as a offline access folder. But the test seems to show that this is not the problem.

I can’t find a way to make it work, any idea could help.

Thanks.

live.object: Setting the Id cannot be triggered by notifications. You will need to defer your response.
fifo: will retry to send message to EboSuite app (1)
fifo: will retry to send message to EboSuite app (2)
fifo: will retry to send message to EboSuite app (3)
fifo: will retry to send message to EboSuite app (4)
fifo: will retry to send message to EboSuite app (5)
fifo: will retry to send message to EboSuite app (6)
fifo: will retry to send message to EboSuite app (7)
fifo: will retry to send message to EboSuite app (8)
fifo: will retry to send message to EboSuite app (9)
fifo: failed to send message to EboSuite app
live.object: Setting the Id cannot be triggered by notifications. You will need to defer your response.
stdout: LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -36 for the file /Volumes/GoogleDrive-111155665202923708108/My Drive/AUDIO/User Library/EboSuite/.EboSuite.app.

Hi pedroconforti,
Thanks for your message and sorry to hear about your troubles.
I think the issue is indeed that your user library is on a google drive. The ‘dot’ needs to be in front of the name, otherwise it cannot find it (you test does not exclude the fact it might be the Google drive).
It seems to be a permission thing, I don’t know how google drive changes the normal situation.
Is it for you doable to use a local folder as a user library?
If not, I may have found a crazy workaround that might work that I will explain via PM if you want.
Timo

Hey Timo, thanks for the reply.

You are right. It is working now after I set the Ableton Library to a regular hard drive folder and did a reinstall of the Ebo Suite.

Unfortunately I guess this means I can’t use it within my current workflow. I need to run Ableton Live in 5 different computers in different locations, so my workflow depends on Google Drive to keep everything in Sync without external portable hard drives. This way I can also use Google Drive in my portable devices and have access to my files anywhere.

Is there a way to overcome this limitation and use Ebo Suite with Google Drive, or maybe install Ebo Suite out of the User Library? Ableton doesn’t seem to care about the User Library being on Google Drive…

I hope there’s a way to make it work, as an external HD is not a viable solution for my needs.

Thank you