Mac Mini M1 on Big Sur and Ableton Live 10 video problems

Hello.

New user of the demo and was about to pull the trigger on a purchase but can’t get anything to play besides first frame of video. I’ve seen others with M1 procs that are having similar/identical problems for awhile. Is this a known issue and will it be resolved within a reasonable time frame?

Thanks.

Dan

Same effect here on a MacBook Pro M1 …

That sucks. Looks like it’s a common issue that hasn’t been addressed for awhile and based on the lack of developer responses to the issue doesn’t give me much confidence for a quick fix. That’s too bad :confused:

The small Ebo team works hard on these troubles … I had always great support from them … the only thing I know is that what they developed is quite impressive and complex … but my gut feeling here is that the new M1 chip is also a complete different approach on the programming structure of Ebosuite away from the Intel versions … that’s probably why it takes a while … but they will fix it Im sure of it.

2 Likes

Hi dysphonix,
Sorry for the late reply. We are looking into these issues at the moment and making good progress. It is hard to replicate this issue, so you can help us by sending us the following information:

• Exact hardware model
  • Memory
  • Exact MacOS version
  • Exact Ableton Live version
  • Can you replicate the issues with the provided EboSuite Demo Set?
  • Brief description of the issue

And if you have any additional details please let us know.

Please send the email to contact@ebosuite.com or reply here: Apple M1 Issues

Cheers

Hee Franky, You also have these issues ?
We are looking into these issues, but it is hard to replicate, so you can help us by sending us the following information:

• Exact hardware model
  • Memory
  • Exact MacOS version
  • Exact Ableton Live version
  • Can you replicate the issues with the provided EboSuite Demo Set?
  • Brief description of the issue

And if you have any additional details please let us know.

Please send the email to contact@ebosuite.com or reply here: Apple M1 Issues

Cheers!

Hi, we just released EboSuite 1.81. This update adds full compatibility with the M1 chip.

Download the installer here: