M1 Max chip and Ebosuite

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has used the the Apple M1 Max with Ebosuite. More specifically, I’m wondering if anyone has been able to use the prores encoder with syphon exports. My Ebosuite setup have been slowly evolving and I’m considering making the jump to M1 Max for more horsepower.

If no one has done it, I’ll probably just pull the trigger and report back here.

2 Likes

Hello, Scott!

I have been using EboSuite in Ableton Live 11 with the M1 Max and have not had any issues. I have been experimenting with different codecs and resolutions with syphon recorder and QuickTime screen capture. I start to see a drop in frame rate when I am syphoning or screen recording at 4k, regardless of the codec. This could also be because I am not entirely sure what I am doing… Other than that, this machine is a beast and can handle pretty much anything you throw at it.

The only issue I have experienced with this new Mac is the way that audio is internally routed. After a few days of banging my head against the table trying to get syphon recorder and QuickTime to also record audio from Ableton, I purchased Loopback from rogue amoeba. It works beautifully, but seems ridiculous that this type of software is needed to perform such a seemingly simple task.

2 Likes