Load the video on an audio track - not working

I thought I’d add my experiences. I just updated EboSuite and the demo set crashes Live 11.0.5 here as well. It loads, and about 2-5 seconds later Live crashes. I just sent a crash report to Ableton, which maybe will provide a clue.

I then loaded an empty set, added eClip to an audio track and was able to load an mp4 file into a clip slot in session view. I created the video, and thus didn’t run into the error the OP ran into. But when I launch the clip, the video only renders once. The next time I trigger the clip, the video freezes.

Thus, I confirm that the demo set crashes Live – but I am experiencing a slightly different problem with video in clip slots.

Edit: Mac Pro (so Intel not M1), Big Sur, Max 8.1.11

Hi Mike, Can you send me those crashreports as well? (to timo@ebosuite.com).
Does it also crash when you start a new set, add 1eSampler to a miditrack and drag a videofile into it?

And the second thing: Does it change anything when you try to playback the clip with warping turned off and on? And did you try it with one of the videofiles in the demo (e.g. “VJ Loop 1.mov”)?
Extra check: the first time you try it Ableton shows a dialog that it doesn’t support video in session view, you need to click that this never shows again. (We try our best to resume properly after this popup, but sometimes you need to first trigger another video before it starts playing properly.)

Thanks,
Timo

Hi John,
I just received a reply from Ableton: it appears that you have set the decoding cache folder to an external drive where Ableton cannot write to. (Ableton needs to write the audiopart of the videofile to a temporary location, I think until you have fixed this it will also not be possible to load mp3s for the same reason).

I will forward you the complete reply by e-mail with steps to take.