HAP Conversion Question

I’m new to EboSuite, so far so good, great fun.

By default, should I always convert my videos with the HAP tool? I’m mostly using iMovie to prepare my video clips and it’s weird, sometimes I can drag and drop my video directly into EboSuite and sometimes I have to convert it to HAP (no big deal to me either way).

I plan on projecting my project, so I want the best resolution possible, if that matters here.

Thank you.

Hi, welcome to EboSuite! If you are using an M1/M2/M3 Mac, then ProRes is even better. Hap and ProRes work best for live video. We strongly advise not to use H264, because it is heavily compressed, which makes it much less flexible and harder for your computer to handle. You should be able to drop any video into EboSuite (do you mean that you drop it in the eSimpler/eSampler or on an audio track with eArrangement or eSession?). What happens when you can’t drop it?
EboSuite works with any resolution. You can also use the AVF Batch Exporter to convert multiple videos at once. AVF Batch Exporter | VIDVOX Documentation

Thanks for the information. I’ll be sure to always export ProRes from iMovie. Good to know I don’t need to always convert to HAP first.

I’ve since deleted the video clip that I was trying to use that would not load onto a video track (could have been an error on my part, so I gave up and moved on). If it happens again, I’ll let you know.

1 Like