evideoIn to session clip?

I’ve been playing with 2.0 and the sampler / simpler are working fine - however I want to do something more basic, but can’t work out how.

I just want to record a realtime video loop into a session view clip and have it loop - just like an audio clip? I can’t see how I can do that, without recording and then dragging in the videoclip. Can anyone help?

If this is not possible is there a way with automation to start the evideoin record when the a clip starts then an esampler to play the loop once recorded?

Not sure if i’m missing something but this seems like the basic live video recording feature which I thought was coming with 2.0? The new system is very complex and seems focused on sampling.

thanks,

Having played further with the sampler setup I can pre-create midi clips to play recorded loops to play them like clips - not intuitive but a workaround.

However the remaining challenge is how to sync enabling record on the sample / eVideoIn at the start of the record - allowing for any countin / so that you can perform in time with other clips?

I’ve tried automation - the issue is it is retriggered each time the clip is played.
I’ve tried midi trigger on record start key - but this doesn’t allow for a count-in

There must be an easier way to achieve this? - why can’t be record button just be synced to the clip record head?

Thanks

Hi Leo
Yes, you are right, live video recording is limited to the eSampler, eSimpler, Simpler and eVideoIn for now. Recording in Session View is on our Wishlist. I also hope we can add that soon, because I love jamming in Session View too. Are you interested in a video call to have a look at your Live project and discuss some creative ideas to do recording? If so, please mail us at contact@ebosuite.com and lets plan a video call.
Cheers
Jeroen