EvideoIn Iphone Issues

I’m trying out the sampling from internet via Iphone workflow but not having alot of luck.

I get the video in ok. But if I try to get the audio, as soon as I click ‘Enable’ in the audio midi set up window the video stream cuts out. If I click disable it comes back but then obviously I lose the audio option.

I’m on a 14" M1 MBP running Sonoma 14.2. My Iphone is an XS running 16.1.1

Any workarounds for this? Seems like a neat idea!

If I record from Iphone using Quicktime Player I can capture A+V. But I don’t need to enable the phone as an audio device to do this.

If I do enable the phone as an audio device I am no longer able to make a recording in QT.

So it looks like an OS issue? But maybe possible?

Hi Gavspav, if this happens in QT as well, then it is probably an OS issue. I think a simple solution is to use the headphone output of the iPhone to connect it to your computer and record the sound with the eVideoIn plug-in?
If you are trying to sample internet (a website?) you can also use the NDI Scan Converter application from NDI tools to capture any Finder window (also a browser window, very cool!) and turn that into an NDI stream. Use the NDI Virtual Input application to turn this stream into a virtual input for the eVideoIn plug-in. You can use Loopback (Rogue Amoeba | Loopback: Cable-Free Audio Routing) to route the sound from the browser into Ableton Live and the eVideoIn plug-in to record sound and visual from the browser.

Use the NDISyphon application (NDISyphon | VIDVOX Documentation) to turn the NDI stream into a Syphon stream and use it in your EboSuite mix with the eVideoReceive plug-in.

1 Like