Ebosuite app doesn't quit when I close a Live project

Hi! I had this bug since the last update 1.51.
Ebosuite doesn’t quit/close itself when I close a Live project. I have to quit the app manually.
Does anyone have the same behavior on their machine?

I am still on Macos Sierra.

Hi Owae.ga, I tried it on three different set-ups and couldn’t reproduce this issue. The app always closes when you quit Ableton here. I didn’t test MacOS Sierra though. I tested with OSX 10.14.5 (Mojave)., 10.13.4 (High Sierra) and 10.13.6 (High Sierra). I’ll try it on Sierra, but I don’t have a Sierra computer here now.

I have another mac in the studio that is still in Sierra. I’ll try it out this weekend and let you know! Thanks

Hi Owae.ga, are you using Live 10.1 with the bundled version of Max and EboSuite 1.51?

Yes, I am using those versions. I also noticed that the Ebosuite icon is in my dock ( I probably used “keep in dock” function once). Could that be a problem?

(sorry I couldn’t do tests on my other mac this weekend)

Ok, thanks. No, ‘keep in dock’ should be fine, but I still recommend to remove it. The app will be launched automatically by the plug-ins, so you don’t need to lauch it manually from the dock.

I’ve been having the same issue today with the most recent version of both programmes running on the latest Mac OS.

Ok, thanks we’ll have a look at that.

Hey, Jeroen!
I have this issue too. It’s intermittent though. I had it regularly before I upgraded but now it’s intermittent. At first it always closed when I quit Ableton but now that I’ve used it a lot, it happens more regularly that it doesn’t close.

Ah, thanks for the info. We are looking into it. It probably has something to do with the timing of the messages we receive from Ableton Live. That is very dependant of how busy Ableton is (it gets worse with bigger projects), so it is not so reliable and therefore messages can get lost.

2 Likes

Jeroen,
That makes sense. My live set is large - about 80 tracks but no more than 8 playing at a time and usually less than that.
Thanks again for all your help last week. My system runs smooth as silk now!

2 Likes