EboSuite 2.0 (release date 2022-04-11)

actually the only 2 “bigger” new features are live-recording video input and slice support with e-simpler. then 2 more small new features with the eGroup device and eReturnTrack device and thats it after all. also those 2 “new mixing devices/features” only exist due to an overall inconvenient implementation of the whole video-signal flow in the ebo system which is not consistent when it comes to questions of how/when does the video routing behave like audio in ableton and how/when does it not. being unstable and not smooth in many circumstances all those fixes and “optimisations under the hood” should be done within one major version and should not be promoted for selling an upgrade old users have to pay for.

Hi Lautos, thank you for the critical feedback. This is the first time we ask for an extra contribution from our audience in over four years. After this contribution upgrades will be free again for a long time. So the upgrades in 2.0 are a few of many to come. If you have feature requests please let them know on this forum or mail them to contact@ebosuite.com. I am very interested in what you mean with ‘being unstable and not smooth’, I would appreciate it very much if you could elaborate on that claim. Our aim is to create the ideal audio-visual instrument, to enable working with music and visuals in one, unified creative process. Ideal for audio-visual artists and visual music producers. Max for Live is a great opportunity to integrate our software as seamless as possible in Live, very important. To ‘follow the audio signal flow’ is just a part of what is needed to create the ideal audio-visual instrument. To work with visuals in a musical way a lot of other concepts are needed as well, as you can see in the eSampler for example and the other EboSuite plug-ins. A smooth, intuitive real-time audio-visual design process is what we try to achieve. So we are very open to your suggestions. Thank you for joining us on this exciting trip and for you critical feedback.
Cheers, Jeroen.

Hi Jaroen and thanks for this! I’m looking forward to upgrading to 2.0… but I’m in the middle of a project with EboSuite 1.8 and don’t want to risk blowing up any work in progress. Will the 2.0 version overwrite 1.8 or can I use them both on the same system (one at a time, of course)?

Also Ebo to Syphon Recorder doesn’t record reliably for me (garbled audio, apparently from a clocking issue) although OBS seems to record OK. Can 2.0 record video output (with audio) directly without routing to external Syphon apps?

Thanks!

Hi Jeff, yes, you can use both versions on your computer. Just make a .zip of your 1.8 EboSuite folder in the User Library, to keep it (the installer will also ask to do it for you). When you want to switch, just .zip the 2.0 folder (or rename or move it) and unzip the 1.8 folder. The 1.x license will still work. Why are you not using 1.9 btw? That is a free update from 1.8 (find the installer here). Note that you’ll have to convert a 1.x project with the eLiveSetTool to use it with 2.0 plug-ins. You should be able to open your 1.8 project with 2.0 then.

In 2.0 you can record video from a video stream received by the eVideoIn plug-in (a camera, iPhone, video converter etc.), you can’t record the EboSuite output yet. That would be very nice, also for resampling, so it is high on our Wishlist. Hopefully we can add it soon.

It is update from Ebo Suite 1.6 to 2.0.
It fails even if I do it how many times.

macOS Mojave
MacBookPro Mid 2012
2.6GHz Intel Core i7
16GB

Hi Yuji,
Sorry for the inconvenience. Could you send us the installer log? I just sent you an email with instructions how to send this log.
Cheers,
Jeroen

Hi Jeroen
I purchased Ebosuite back in November, but I’ve only just got around to installing it. When I installed 1.8 for the very first time, I was notified about 2.0 and have received my free upgrade (thank you very much).
As I have never actually used 1.8, is there a way to uninstall it (or delete the old modules in the Ableton user library) before I install 2.0?
It would seem to make sense to me to have a clean install of 2.0 without any of the old 1.8 modules, if this is easy enough to do?
many thanks
Nathan

Hi Nathan,
The EboSuite installer will automatically remove the previously installed EboSuite folder (it moves it to the trash). Before doing so, the installer will give a warning and it will give you the option to automatically create a .zip of the old EboSuite folder. That option is turned on by default (see below), so you might want to disable that. You can also manually remove the EboSuite folder from Live’s User Library before installing.

700c6ce74f46487967eabe4ed18cc262515fb42f_2_690x189

Hi there, just downloaded Version 2, but don’t get an option from the installer after the Live set quits. Am not able to get it going. Is there a step I’m missing?

Hi turnstyle,
What version of Live and Mac OS are you using? Do you have Max for Live (is included in Live Suite)?

Using 10.13.6. I do have Max For Live

Ah, the installation specs for EboSuite 2.0 are Mac OS 10.14+, Ableton Live 10+ (see the change log). So the OS seems to be the issue. Is there a particular reason you work with High Sierra? Is it an option to upgrade the OS? You can use the manual installation, but we didn’t test a lot with High Sierra, so we can’t guarantee that everything works as expected.

Thanks for letting me know! I’ll update the OS. I just don’t like to go with a newer OS as I have one that’s very stable with all my programs

Yes, I worked with High Sierra for a long time too. Even still have it on my iMac. But a lot of software doesn’t work well with High Sierra anymore (latest Adobe After Effects doesn’t work at all on High Sierra) and we had issues with EboSuite too, so decided to stop support. Apple clearly wants to move on.

Hello,

I am on macbook pro M1 Max under the monterey os with ableton 11.3.2, and Ebo 2.
I want to export my videos in siphon, but when I chose the hap format I can’t find any player afterwards to play them on my mac maybe you can help me please.
In addition, my video has a very good definition in the Ebosuite player, but as soon as I export it via siphon in Prores 422 or 444, the rendering is not as good! I have actually tested screen recording via QuickTime, but it is not possible to perform two actions at the same time, mix in Live during QuickTime full screen video recording I am looking for but is not found yet solutions, if you have any,

Cheers,

Thank you very much to all of you

Hi Tsukai,
To make a smoother recording of a composition, I like to record it half tempo. So I set the tempo of my track to half of the BPM. Then I speed up the recorded video 200% with video editing software or Ableton Live (warped on an audio track and then export audio/video). To record properly, you’ll have to make sure all videos are warped and be aware of random parameters and visual feedback effects, because that will look different.

You could also use an external HDMI recorder, so the recording doesn’t happen on the same CPU/GPU. Or maybe use a second computer to record the Syphon or NDI stream (use NDISyphon for that). But I don’t have experience with that.

If you make a screen recording, beware of Retina. If you record from a retina screen you’ll record twice more pixels than you might expect, which will result in a lower recording frame rate. So it is better to use screen capture software that supports enabling/disabling retina recording. QuickTime player doesn’t have that option, so when you record on a Retina display, your recording will be large.

Hi Jeroen

Ok I will test all of this thank you so much for your valuable help !!!

Cheers

1 Like

Hi Tsukai,
I now use a HDMI recorder to record my audiovisual compositions and that works much better than making screen recordings. It is definitely worth the investment. You can read more about my workflow here:

1 Like

Hello Jeroen, thank you so much for your suggestion !!!

1 Like