eArrangement fails to play/control video clip

I’m running Live 11. I open a new project and load eArrangemnet into an audio channel, then I drag a .hap, ProRes or .mp4 video clip under 1 minute into the same audio channel in arrangement view. I press play and the video plays in the native ableton window so I close that window but nothing shows in my ebosuite window. I run an eSampler instance in a midi channel with the same video and it works fine. I put fx on the eArrangement channel to test if the fx show up in the native ableton window and they do not.

Is there a a trick to getting eArrangement to work that I’m unaware of?

Thanks

Hi fivezy, if you have an eArrangement plug-in on an Audio track and add a video to that track, then you should see video that video in the EboSuite window and if you add eFX, you’ll see those effects also in the EboSuite window (not in the native Ableton window). So, it seems that what you are doing is correct. Are you using the latest EboSuite version 2.2? Sometimes it can take a second for EboSuite to recognise changes on an audio track. Is it persistently not showing any video on that track?

Got a similar issue. With me, of all HAPQ video’s that work fine with eSampler, only half of them give output with eArrangement. It’s weird, cause all of them are produced and exported in the same fashion, so it seems kinda random to me :confused:

Mac M1 Pro
Ebo 2.2
Latest Ableton

Hi JiZw, interesting. Are the same videos consistently failing and others consistently working, or is that random, so a video sometimes works, but another time the same video fails?

Hi Jeroen :slight_smile: So some videos consistently fail and others consistently work.

Hi JiZw, could you send us two videos that work and two videos that fail to contact@ebosuite.com, so we can have a look at them?

They’re coming your way

1 Like

Hi JiZw, thank you for sending the files. It seems that the comma (,) in the filename creates the issue. If you remove the comma from ‘Fail - StDfXL Abstract color blur, picArr_HAPQ.mov’ for example, it should work. Could you confirm that?

Great, yes that’s it. Been renaming all my files, and no more problems. Dankjewel Jeroen!

1 Like

I now have one file that works and many that don’t and I don’t have any commas in the filename.

Hi fivezy, is that behaviour consistently? so many always fail and that one always works? if so, could you send that one file and a few failing files to us at contact@ebosuite.com?

Yep. I just sent you a folder with 3 video files less than a minute each. All of them show up in the native Ableton viewer but fail to show in the Ebosuite video window. The eArrangement plugin is the only thing loaded on the video track I’m running them in.

the formats are:
ProRes 422
ProRes 4444
MP4

hi fivezy, I can’t find that email. Could you send it again? Did you sent the video that does work as well? Would be interesting to compare.

Received it. Thanks :raised_hands: