Dry/Wet knob for ISF Shaders

The ISF Shader plugin is awesome and brings in a lot of new possibilities. However some (most) shaders don’t have a dry/wet knob, which means an effect is always enabled. Might be a good option to have a general dry/wet knob implemented in the ISF plugin to adjust the amount of effect enabled.

2 Likes

Hi Fred, a dry/wet knob would be very useful, I agree, but because each ISF shader is designed and set up in a different way it is difficult to make a general dry/wet knob that will work with any ISF effect. The interface of the eFX-ISF plug-in is generated automatically from the shader code, so it is up to the creator of the shader to design and add the dry/wet slider.

2 Likes

hi jeroen and hi fred, same observation here.
jeroen, any other way to reach the same result of a dry-wet fader using some ableton effect/plugin?i’ve tryied to group the eFX-ISF to create two chains (one for the dry signal and one for the “wet”) but it doesent work.
so there’s no way to reach that goal?
thnx

Hi Maxmagaldi, will the following routing work for you?

• add a eSyphonOut plug-in to the track with your source video
  • add a eSyphonIn plug-in to another track, so the video source is visible on that track as well
  • add the eFX-ISF plug-in to the track with the eSyphonIn plug-in
  • Now you can fade in/out the output of the eFX-ISF plug-in on top of your video source.

See example video below:

6 Likes

nice, i’ve lost your reply, jeroen, i’ve reed only now.
i don’t have the possibility to test now, but i think that if it work for you it’ll work also for me. GREAT!
i let you know, thnx!

In my case when « Stream enable » is active on evideo receive the video is freezed but is modified with isf plugin…

Hi Ecume, it works fine here. Could you tell me a bit more about the way you are using the plug-ins? Maybe sendt me screenshots of the tracks to contact@ebosuite.com?
Cheers

Hi and thanks for your answer, I can’t explain today I have not a lot of time tonight :sweat_smile:, to put in a nutshell I duplicate the track with the simpler and use one with FX, one dry and I mix with the crossfader. Yesterday I tried to make your trick on a new session without success… no signal in video receive… have to test it another day :rofl: have a good night :wink::wink::wink:

Could you send me your project (without media) to contact@ebosuite.com? I will have a look then. It should work fine.