Device error when duplicating a track

Hi! Thanks for the new update!
I found a bug on my Live 11.0.1 installation ( I ll try to download the newest version soon. It might be a Max error). When I prepare a track with a eSimpler and a simple device and duplicate it, it seems that the duplicated eSimpler has an error. (see pictures below)
Same with drumrack using the same devices.

Screenshot 2021-06-17 at 21.50.35

I did some more tests and it seems that it duplicates fine the drumrack pads if I close and open the session again. I still have a problem with an eSimpler and a simpler device on a single track.
I noticed that my Ableton Indexer is a bit slow right now. I don’t know if this could be the cause of my problem.

Here is the project with the video file I was using, if you want to check it out on your system :slight_smile:

Here is a video capture as well

Cheers

hi owae.go, sorry for the late reply. We will look into this! Cheers

1 Like

HI Carlos, what you found here is an odd Ableton/ max for live bug that we can’t really do anything about it. Sometimes it happens (it used to happen a lot more in the Live 9 days) and you simply need to deselect the track and select it again and the device loads normally. After that it works fine in my experience, is that also working for you?
cheers,
Timo

1 Like

Hi Timo,
Yes, it works! It doesn’t appear right away (I have to wait a few seconds on my machine) but it finally appears.
Thanks!

great it works, sorry for the messy experience
We tried to take this up with ableton/cycling, but since it doesn’t happen with simple devices it was hard for them to take a proper look.

I’m not sure if this is the same bug but duplicating a track with an esampler in does not seem to work instantly - I get a blank device.

If I change focus from Live to another application and back, or delete the esampler and then undo the deletion, it repopulates the esampler with the waveform.

Previously I also found alt-clicking an esampler to new pads in a drum rack led to similar behaviour but I can’t reproduce that now.

1 Like

Hi gavspav, the is a bug in Max for Live that happens with complex M4L devices. It is reported to Ableton Live, so let’s hope they will fix it soon.