Can't get smooth playback in arrange mode

Hi. I’m having issues getting smooth playback in arrange mode. I’m using 1080p HAP files, and struggle to play back a single layer without noticeably dropping frames.

I’m running an eGPU (VEGA 56 Nitro) on an MBP 2015 i7. I’m running the video from an SSD. This isn’t totally cutting edge hardware by any means, but I can play back a single layer of 1080p HAP in Max/MSP, VDMX, Coge, Millumin, QLAB and TouchDesigner with no problems whatsoever (and I can’t go crazy with playback speed etc). I also tried using a demo of VideoSync and it seemed to be alright, too (although it doesn’t support HAP in timeline mode).

Does anyone have any suggestions for improving performance? Is there something underlying in the architecture of EboSuite that’s doing this, and/or is any one else having issues with it?

Thanks!

Hi jiiiitro,
That is interesting. Playback should be smooth. Especially when it is only one track. You are using HAP and SSD so that is ideal. I don’t have any experience with the VEGA 56 Nitro, but it doesn’t look too bad. If you send me an email at contact@ebosuite.com, I will send you EboSuite 2.0 and we can look deeper into your situation.
Cheers, Jeroen

Thanks Jereon. I have emailed you.

Just sent you EboSuite 2.0. Let’s figure out what is happening in your case and get you up and running asap.
Cheers
Jeroen

update for anyone who is interested: the upcoming version of EboSuite performed much better in this regard

1 Like