I’m very interested in what you do. I’ve been actually having a blast triggering video using midi in sync with my music using Live and eSampler. I very much like the snap and responsiveness of triggering video and the speed function to imitate vinyl scratching effects in eSampler! I’ve done videos like that back in 2004 but by chopping video in NLE softwares .
There is room for improvements in eSampler. I have already few ideas which I’m sure you might be working on them already but I’m listing them bellow anyway:
- Ability to freely move slices.
- Reverse video+audio. Use the speed knob clockwise for forward and anticlockwise for reverse?
- Choose which midi note triggers what slice.
- Ability to type the exact time of each slice.
- Bigger display of the waveform like the Simpler of Live.
- Ability to midi map the trigger/gate button. Very useful when performing live and using a release pedal.
- It would be nice to be able to have a dedicated trigger/gate button for audio and video.
These are some of my observations while playing around with eSampler.
P.S.: Have you thought of braking your EboSuite into small products? You should think about that! I know your target maybe is VJs. But many other and me who are music producers maybe don’t need all the extras for the moment other than eSampler. I wish I could only purchase eSampler and choose to buy the rest later if I want. Make it possible for us to buy eSampler apart!
Best regards and be safe!