Ableton Live 11 Intro version enough?

Hello,
I just discovered Ebosuite and looks exactly like what I have been searching for. That said, I am not a current Ableton user. If I am strictly looking to run Ebosuite, and OK with 16 tracks, is the “Intro” version of Live 11 adequate to run Ebosuite? I am looking to use Ebosuite (and hence Ableton) to play/trigger video samples and output them to Madmapper via eSyphon.
Any insight greatly appreciated,
-Rob

Not sure if Ebosuite supports Intro, but I know it uses Max4Live. I know you can buy that separately for Live, but not sure if Intro supports it.

A bit of a bummer, but if one is starting from scratch (not already using Live), it may be cheaper/simpler to use Resolume Arena for my application.
Arena : ~$900

Live Suite (With Max) $750 + EboSuite $180 = $930
Live Standard $450 + Max $200 + Ebo Suite $180 = $830
Plus add $450 for MadMapper if projection/pixel/led mapping is needed.

I understand the two setups are not a 1-to-1 comparison as both have different feature sets and intended use cases, but when looking a solution for live video sample triggering/mixing/effecting, seems Arena may have an edge.

Any thoughts on this?
-Rob

Very different workflows IMHO. EboSuite allows you to also work in the ableton timeline (i.e. in a sense combining DAW and video workflow), and allows very deep integration with Ableton and music making generally (and also, if you are very familiar with Ableton there is less of a learning curve).

Arena is much more of a video powerhouse - i.e. it’s more of a hardcore VJ app (more powerful etc). The addition of ‘Wires’ also further extends it. But if you are making music and visuals in parallel the workflow is more convoluted. I personally use both for different things. You might want to demo them and see which suits you better?

the benefit of ebo is knowing Ableton already using it and now you can visualize your art work in the same program that you already know. it may not be yet on the same level as a dedicated vj app but eventually it will be and everything working together in Ableton gives it the edge for me. Arena is great but for me its just not worth it.while you’ll get a bunch of different opinions I’m sure . ultimately its what works for u. ** I think you may need Ableton suite to use it.

1 Like

Thanks all for the replies. Yes, I understand they are different programs with different workflows and intended for different uses.
In my case, I am not working with DAW, and I am not a current user of Ableton. So neither of those advantages are benefits in my current case.
Regardless, Ebo is super cool for sure.
Thanks again,
-Rob