Ableton 12 ok to install?

Hi, just paid for Ableton 12 - have you done any testing yet? Should I wait with installing? Thanks.

Hi Henjo
According to our tests EboSuite works well with Live 12, so enjoy!

2 Likes

Right on!

Thanks Ebosuite team!!!

1 Like

Hello.

• I just purchased and installed Ableton Live 12.0.1 Standard
  • I just purchased and installed EboSuite. In order to install EboSuite, it had me launch a LIVE set which seems to work fine. I can play-back and trigger video clips in that demo set.
  • I’m Using Mac OS 13.5.2 Ventura.

I created my first blank LIVE session but I could not find the eClips.amxd plug-in. Via the EboSuite Forum, I discovered it’s now called eSession.amxd. When I drag the eSession.amxd onto an Audio track it’s saying “This device is not available in this version of Live”.

I searched the Forum and noticed there is an EboSuite 2.2 update. I ran the update and again, LIVE opens and I’m able to play-back and trigger video clips in that demo set. But, when I start a brand new LIVE session and add the eSession plug-in, I get the error “This device is not available in this version of Live”.

Furthermore, if I launch LIVE and navigate to open “Open This Live Set to Install EboSuite” it says “This set contains features that are limited or unavailable in Ableton Live 12 Standard” and “The Installer Launcher cannot be used”

What’s the problem? Thank you.

Hi,
To use EboSuite, you’ll need MaxforLive, which is included in Live Suite, but not in Live Standard. You can add it to Live Standard. This is an article on the Ableton website explaining how to add it:

Hi Jeroen. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Before I upgrade to Suite, can you provide me a link to your compatibility page that shows everything I’ll need to run EboSuite successfully? I thought I had read your entire website but somehow I missed the most important thing, that I need Max or Suite.

Thank you!