Zoom into tiled videos

hi!

i have to make a video grid (let’s say 16x8 video) to fill the mainscreen, using all different video to compose a mosaic.

but, after that, i want to have the possibility to zoom in in every single video of the grid.

i’ve tryed to use eCrop to crop the video in the part of the screen i want to place it and then tried to zoom in using etracktranform, but of course it changes the x-y position of the video.

do you think it’s possible to have other solutions?

thnx!

Hi maxmagaldi

I created a Live Set that might be useful. I used 20 videos in this Set (5x4) and created for each track a dial to zoom in on one of the videos and another dial on a track called ‘Opacity Controller’ to fade out all tracks except the track that is zoomed in. So to zoom in on a track you need to turn two dials to the max: the dial on the track and the general ‘Opacity Controller’ dial. You can map all 20 zoom dials (one on each track) to this ‘Opacity Controller’ dial to control zoom and fade out at the same time, but I couldn’t find a max for live device that lets you map 20 dials to one dial. Maybe we should make such device if it doesn’t exist.

I used the MultiMap device in this Set, that you can download here:

I used EboSuite’s standard sample pack, that you can download here:
http://www.ebostudio.info/EboSuite/EboSuite_Examples.zip
I used EboSuite 2.0, so you’ll need to replace the video sources (I used eSimplers and eTrackTransforms), but the MultiMap mappings should work (that is the most essential part of the Set).
You can download the Set and a screen recording here:

1 Like

hi jeroen, it’s a wonderful work and i thank you so much for the preset, very inspiring.

my need was just a little bit different and (maybe) more simple: the grid it’s perfect, but when i zoom in i don’t need to get a close-up of the video i’m zooming in. i need to zoom in the video that has to remain in his position to the grid (hope i was “understandable”)